Hey there! This is a highly informative post for all those who are interested in affiliate marketing. It covers all important aspects of the Amazon associates program, a prominent method of affiliate earning.
Amazon has been a trustworthy e-commerce company for its customers for years. From delivering products to customer’s doorstep to creating and distributing movies, music, and a lot of other stuff, Amazon has a variety of options for shoppers. But do you know how to make money from the e-commerce website?
One of the ways to earn from Amazon is to become an affiliate. People can earn side-income online from their home by this program. Let’s start from scratch.
What is the Amazon associates program?
Amazon associates program is an affiliate program where people can recommend products to customers. They can do this on their website, blog, YouTube channel, or social media platforms where they have traffic. The affiliates use the product’s link for promotion. Once a customer buys a product from the link, they get a referral commission for it.
All you need is an Amazon associate account and traffic-driving tool (an Instagram account, for instance) to quick off the mark. Now that you know about the program, you should take your first step and join the program to earn from affiliate marketing.
How to sign up for free in the Amazon associate program?
Before we begin, you should keep in mind that Amazon has specific websites for different countries. For example, amazon.ca for Canada or amazon. in for India. Native country or the country nearest to yours is advisable for joining Amazon associates.
STEP – 1:-
Go to Amazon’s home page. If you are using a mobile phone, switch the screen to desktop site. Scroll down to the bottom of the home-page. Click on ‘Become an affiliate‘ under the heading ‘Make money with us’.
STEP – 2:-
Once you click on ‘Become an affiliate’, you would reach the sign-up page of Amazon associates. Click on the sign-up button. It would ask you to login with your existing Amazon account. Don’t worry if you have no account. You can always create one.
To create an Amazon associate account, you have to fill in your account information. You can give your name as the main contact.
As soon as you go next, you have to provide the URL of your website or mobile app. Here, you can put the link to your blog, website, or YouTube channel. In case if you don’t have one, just give your Facebook or Instagram profile link to keep going. You can add up to 50 different websites or mobile apps.
It’s time for you to update your profile. Have a unique Amazon store ID that will be your nickname as an affiliate.
Amazon asks you some basic questions like what type of item you want to list on your website, that you can fill as per your convenience. As you scroll down, you have to give information about how you lure traffic to your website under ‘Traffic and monetization’. Click finish at the bottom after agreeing on terms and conditions.
Ahoy! You have successfully made Amazon associate account with a unique associate ID. You can enter payment information anytime later.
What are Amazon affiliate’s commission rates?
The most coveted part is how much money you get as a commission if you promote a product. Affiliates get referral fees or advertising fees after they sell a product through affiliate links. The percentage an affiliate gets may get modified by Amazon.
Every niche has a specific commission percentage. As an example, if you promote a book of 10 dollars, you’re earning out of the sale would be 0.8 dollars. For a beginner, selecting a high commission product is best.
Amazon bounty – a fixed commission
Apart from promoting products, in case if you promote Amazon programs like Amazon prime, you get a fixed commission known as bounty. In other words, if a person subscribes to Amazon prime through your affiliate link or banner, you’d receive a fixed amount. Following are the awesome bounty events.
Is the Amazon associates program worth it? – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Reliability:- It’s not an unknown fact that Amazon is a trustworthy brand. After all, it’s one of the most successful companies in the world just like Google and Facebook. Therefore, customers have no room for doubt for the product you promote as it is being provided by Amazon.
- Diversity:-There are a variety of products available to promote. More products imply more niches. It doesn’t matter how unique a niche you have on your website, you’d get related products to put on affiliate links. Moreover, a product remains in the customer’s cart for 90 days. So, the probability of a sale remains for 90 days.
- Profit from other items:– Suppose a customer visited the product page through your affiliate link. Apart from the main product, other relatable products would be displayed as well on the bottom. If the customers buy them, you’d get extra commission from those products too. This amazing strategy acts as an incentive for the members of the Amazon affiliate marketing program.
- Payment methods:- Amazon doesn’t allow PayPal. It pays their associates on monthly basis. It will send you a cheque after 60 days of the end of the month at your registered address. Also, it can deposit fees directly to your bank account via NEFT (National Electronic Funds transfer).
- Amazon can close your account:- Amazon applies a condition that if you are unable to make at least one sale after 180 days, it will close your account. That’s a method used for removing all those who were just trying the Amazon affiliate program but weren’t serious.
Amazon affiliates vs ClickBank- which one is better?
When it comes to affiliate marketing, you cannot overlook ClickBank. It’s an affiliate marketplace where vendors try to generate sales from affiliates. But is it better than Amazon associates? Let’s see this based on various factors:-
- Commission rates:- Amazon affiliate offers less commission when compared to that of ClickBank. Typically, commission rates for an affiliate in Amazon lie from 1 to 10 %. In the case of ClickBank, the commission can range up to 70 -75 %. Also, the average commission on ClickBank can be said to be around 40%. We can clearly say that ClickBank stands tall when it comes to commission rates.
- Payment dates:- As mentioned above, Amazon pays after 60 days of the end of the month. There is also a certain threshold fixed for payment through check (minimum 2500 INR) and direct deposit (minimum 1000 INR). ClickBank has a different approach when it comes to paying the affiliates. Payments are issued to ClickBank users on Wednesday, two weeks after the end of the pay period. Users can receive their payment weekly if they choose direct deposit as a payment method. Hence, weekly or bi-weekly payments of ClickBank outweigh the long wait for the payments in Amazon Associates.
- Range of products:– ClickBank has 276 different product categories with 21562 product listings. In the case of Amazon, there are over 16,000 product categories for you. It is crystal clear that you’d get more variety on Amazon as compared to the limited digital products of ClickBank.
Amazon is a more trustworthy brand than ClickBank, but certain qualities of ClickBank are also quite lucrative. You can try both and figure out which one is more beneficial for you.
Google Adsense vs Amazon affiliate – which one is more productive?
We know that Google pays website owners who put ads on their website.
But is that money more than what you get from the amazon affiliate program?
Let’s see through a simple example. Suppose your blog has one thousand visitors per day. With every thousand views, Google pays you 1 dollar. This would imply that you have 30 – 31 dollars at the end of the month. But if you have affiliate links that give commission up to 10 dollars, it would take only four sales a month to out beat earnings from Google Adsense.
Your commissions could also sum up to 3000-4000 dollars per month!
In other words, Affiliate marketing can generate more income when compared to Google Adsense. At the same time, Google AdSense makes less but steady income.
Best wishes for your Amazon affiliate journey!
If you want to make money online, Amazon associates is one of the finest places to start. All you need to have is an online platform where you can reach more and more people. Without investing a single penny, you can earn awesome bucks through this program on Amazon.